Admission Procedure for Study in Brazil, Admission Requirements, Process for Brazil Universities
It is imperative that one understands the detailed admission process and procedure and other formalities before going abroad for studying in Brazil. One must ensure that all the documentation for the application of Vissa and other formalities like eligibility criteria, mandatory requirements and all such things are taken care of when one looks at taking admission in any college, institute or university in Brazil. This section will give you knowledge on the admission procedure and other necessary admission requirements for study in Brazil.
Admission Procedure for Study in Brazil, Admission Requirements, Brazil Universities Eligibility Criteria, Application Process for Study in Brazil
Following is the eligibility criteria for study in brazil for mba, engineering, bachelors, masters and phd programs for getting admission into brazilian universities:
Eligibility:- The eligibility criteria is different for undergraduate programs and for post graduate programs.
- For Under graduate programs the 3+2 Bologna system is applicable. A student can apply if he / she has completed at least 1 year of undergraduate university studies. However, specific courses or programs may have additional requirements for entry.
- For the Masters program a student should have completed three years of undergraduate university education, then he or she are eligible for Master of Science courses offered by the universities where the 3+2 system is in force.
- For Ph.D programs , a student is eligible to apply if he/she has completed an Undergraduate Degree (for students coming from universities where the single-cycle university system is in force) or Master Degree (students coming from universities where the 3+2 system is in force) or have started their PhD studies already. Students currently enrolled in a Undergraduate or Master program that will finish before the PhD program or course may also apply, but they must declare their current situation and their commitment to obtain the necessary certification by the time the mobility starts through the Statement of Commitment
- For Post-Doctorate programs a candidate’s activity should consist of research, training and/or following highly specialized courses. A student is eligible if a PhD degree from a University in Brazil or in Europe is held by them.
You searched for Admission Requirements for Study in Brazil, Admission Procedure, Application Process for study in Brazil, Eligibility Criteria for Brazil Universities
- In order to gain admission in Higher Education Institutions, students must have completed the Secondary Education Level and be approved in ‘Vestibular’, a competitive examination to determine whether the student is qualified to enter in a given institution. A decade ago, the Brazilian government launched ENEM (Secondary Education Evaluation Exam ). Since then, some HEI´s accept ENEM as part of the admission process.
- Some common guidelines for admission to Brazilian universities are as under:
- A student must choose the institute or university and download their application form. After duly completing the same, it should be sent to the institute along with testimonials of earlier education completed.
- The English language proficiency tests score should also be mentioned in the application.
- After the institute peruses the application it decides the selection of the candidate, if the candidate receives a letter of acceptance from the institution the students should apply for a Student’s pass or visa.