This page and section has details on Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
The aim of MBA retail management is to prepare skilled professionals for retailing sector. It comprises the distribution process of the goods produced by different manufacturers to the end-consumer through various short and convenient channels. To achieve this aim, trained retail managers are required to keep track of all the processes involved in retail so that the outlets are managed efficiently.
Here are the course details for MBA courses. Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Retail Management
- You should be a graduate from a recognized university or college in any discipline.
- You are required to crack all India entrance exams such as CAT, MAT and XAT. You may also need to clear entrance exam conducted by the institution independently. However, rules and regulations for admission into MBA retail management vary from institution to institution.
Retail management is one of the potential and bright career options of today because of the mushrooming supply chains, shopping malls and complexes not only in metropolitan cities but also in developing cities too. It is not all, India has been counted among top ten emerging retail market around the world. Around 4.4 million retail outlets are already spread over the nation and the number is increasing continuously. It simply means that opportunities in retail management are simply numberless.
Manufacturing companies are always in need of retail managers so that to have direct reach to the consumers. Additionally, banking and finance industry also need skilled retail managers so as to bring their products and services in front of the consumers. IT sector also is always in constant need of retail managers due to recent boom in the sector.
Inexperienced ones can easily start with Rs. 20,000-25,000 per month. The remuneration increases with experience and after gaining quality experience one can easily reach up to 6 figure packages and it can be 7 figures after 5 to 7 years in the field.
Year – I
- Principles and practices of management
- Marketing Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Management Information Systems
- Sales Management
Year – II
- Retail Management 1
- Retail Management 2
- Services Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Report
The elaboration of the syllabus in an easy way with the sub categories including in each of the syllabus topic is as follow:
- (a) Retailing – Importance of retailing with the definition. Indian vs. Global Scenario of retail. (b) Types of Retailing – Types of retail formats, Store Retailing, Non Store Retailing, Franchising in retailing
- Retail Marketing mix – Behavior of retail consumers with the types and the effective factors,Influencing- buying behavior, positioning and segmentation.
- Retail organization structure – Major functional areas and careers in retailing.
- Retail Location – Factors affecting retail location decision – Selection of site or work station.Factors affecting site selection – Various steps in selecting site and analyzing the Location based retail strategies
- Store design – Interiors & exteriors – Store layout – Types of layouts – Factorsaffecting store layout – Retailing image mix – Store Facade
- Retail Communication mix – Advertising and Marketing, Sales promotion, Public relation, Personal Selling, Steps in planning retail communication
- Retail Strategies – Differentiation strategies, expansion strategies, growth strategies, pricing strategies.
- Role of IT in retailing – Electronic data exchange – bar coding, RFID and Electronic payment systems.
The above will help you to understand the course syllabus easily as it is divided into categories and sub categories.