This page and section has details on Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
Production management is related to the organization of raw material, machinery as well as labor required to manufacture or produce products/services. In addition to this, the management also takes care of quantity and quality of the goods or services produced.
Here are the course details for MBA courses. Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Production Management
- You should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university or college. Here it is noteworthy that those with graduation in engineering or technology are in more advantage compared to those with general graduation.
- As per the demand of the institution, one is seeking admission into; one may need to appear for CAT/MAT exam or specific entrance test conducted by the institution.
As a production manager you must be well-informed about technical aspects of the entire production process in conjunction to the extra-ordinary management skills. You will find a number of job openings as production managers. It is because of the rapidly growing manufacturing and service sectors. Again, job prospects are even better with B.Tech along with MBA in Production Management. You can look for job in varying manufacturing industries like automobiles, heavy machinery manufacturers, chemical industry, iron/steel industry and in the last but not least other metal industries. You also have bright career opportunities in IT, telecommunication and energy sectors.
Remuneration given to production managers varies from one industry to another. In various units, remuneration given is as per the pay packages decided under the government rules and regulation. Nevertheless, most of the candidates get attracted towards private sector as it offers better salary packages and allowances over government owned sectors.
The Exam paper of 150 marks is divided into 3 parts which are as follow:
- Theory: 100 Marks
- Practical & Oral: 25 Marks
- TW: 25 marks
Year – I
- Introduction: This part includes Scope, objectives and definition of Production Management. It also tells that how Production Management is related to other functions of management. Such as: interdepartmental relationship and production operation strategies.
- New Product Design: Product characteristics analysis, characteristics of phases of product life cycle, Market’s functional and operational activities, quality and reliability, Economic consideration, ergonomics, , FMECA, QFD.
- Production Function: The designing process of frame work, Functions at Work station and Line balancing, Different techniques, Maximum profit with Minimum cost, Range of Production, Batch Production, Process planning – Steps for Selection of technology as well as Selection of equipment, Factors, Flow design.
- Applications: Application of Quantitative techniques for production decision Simulation, Sequencing, Queuing.
- Capacity Planning: Basic concepts with the Definition, Capacity strategies for Long term and short term, Strategies and guidelines regarding Aggregate planning, LP approach to aggregate planning, MPS.
- Plant Maintenance: Policies and objectives, Principles and needs, Reliability and life testing, Types of maintenance, TPM.
- Capital Investment Decisions: Concept with the types of decisions, Concept of time value of money, Evaluation of techniques. Replacement Analysis – Concept, Types, Evaluation Techniques
- Project Management: Formulation and identification of projects, Market, financial feasibility and Technical economic, Project scheduling and monitoring – CPM and PERT techniques, PMIS, Project Quality Assurance.