MBA – Operation Management Course
Posted on October 12, 2011 | By test3 | 93 responses
This page and section has details on Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
M.B.A. Operation Management Course opens the doors of opportunity for those who are willing to be a part of some production house or management. The course enables the students in looking after a production house or other operations of the house in an efficient manner and is well-equipped with all the information required to handle the operations in a best manner. So, most of the production houses give their first preference to degree holders.
M.B.A. Operation Management Course requires multi-disciplinary skills such as Enterprise Resource Planning and includes comprehensive study about responsibilities related to production.
Here are the course details for MBA courses. Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in M.B.A. Operation Management Course
- You must be a graduate from a reputed university or college in any stream.
- You will be required to appear for entrance exam like any other MBA degree.
Duration of M.B.A. Operation Management Course
- In addition, you must possess good communication skills.
- You must be able to remain calm and controlled under the toughest situations.
- Good coordination skills are also one of the most important pre-requisite for admission to this course.
After getting the degree, you have various opportunities in big organizations and production houses. As per the type of organization you join, you will be responsible for various duties that may be few or many as per the size of the organizations. You might be given the responsibility of handling few plants or vendors in the beginning but with the experience in the field you will be promoted to higher posts and will be responsible for an entire factory.
Semester – I
- Transformation process model
- Inputs and outputs of the process
- Classification of operations
- New Product Development
- Designing of Product / Services and their selection
- Responsibilities of Operations Manager
Semester – II
- Types of manufacturing process: (This part includes many factors other than operational project such as jobbing, batch maintenance and guidelines, mass, continuous.)
- Types Process in services: (This part makes you learn about the Professional services, services provided in shops, mass services)
- Plant location and Layout planning: (This part makes you learn about the favorable factors and resources while selecting the location of plant. One can also learn about the planning one could make while working on the layout process.)
Semester – III
- Production Planning & Control
- Techniques of production control
- Production planning techniques for various process choices
- Aggregate planning techniques
Semester – IV
- Quality management: Introduction
- Tools and techniques for quality improvement: (Check sheet, scatter diagram, histogram, cause and effect of diagram, process diagram, statistical process control chart)
- Quality characteristics of goods and services
- Quality assurance
- Total quality management (TQM) model (Service quality, application and concept of Six Sigma)
Semester – V
- Productivity Improvement Techniques:
- Work study
- Method study
- Work measurement: time study:
- Stop watch time study
- Work sampling
- Procedure for maintenance and total productive maintenance (TPM)
- Maintenance policies for facilities and equipment
- Time of failure
- Preventive versus breakdown maintenance