MBA – Investment Management Course
Posted on October 12, 2011 | By test3 | 240 responses
This page and section has details on Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
MBA investment management can be defined as a program with the aim to evolve and improve investment sills in students. In conjunction, students are prepared to pursue successful career in the field of investment and banking.
Here are the course details for MBA courses. Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Investment Management Program Details
As an investment manager one is expected to have intense understanding of the mechanism of investment sector as well as existing economic conditions. The program prepares students to answer al the prevailing queries in the sector.
Generally investment program comprises financial management, security analysis, investment and financial analysis and corporate finance.
The program concentrates on theories, strategies, methodologies along with practices with the aim of reflecting the existing state in the investment management and analysis sector.
With this program students get deep knowledge about a strong business foundation as well as in-depth investment strategies.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Investment Management
- You must be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university or college with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- You will be required to appear in entrance exam.
With the ever evolving economy around the world and specifically in India, there is no dearth of good job opportunities in the investment sector. After completion of the course, you will be eligible for seeking job in investment companies and institutions, insurance companies and hedge fund companies. You can get the designation of security or investment analyst, portfolio manager and financial planner. You can also seek job in government as well as non-profit organizations.
The motive of this course is to provide students information and expertise them regarding the Management of investing finance. This course helps to learn how one can invest his hard earned money with accuracy and to get most of the profit from the investment.
Considering the 2 years of course following is the syllabus:
- Financial Management
- Investment Analysis
- Investment Services
- Quantitative Techniques
- Management Concepts
- Investment and Derivatives Market
- Portfolio Management
- Securities Market in India
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Global Investment and Instruments
The syllabus is still can be slightly modified by the different universities. However, considering 2 years syllabus into 4 semester, following will be the subjects you need to work on.
UNIT – I
- Investment: This includes the information regarding Returns and Risks.
- Investments Saving: This part is basically for the Individual or Institutional investors.
- Alternative Investments: Helps you learn about the different and alternative ways to make investment in Non- Marketable Financial Assets, Bonds or Fixed Income Securities, Capital and Money Market Instruments, Equity shares, Mutual Fund Schemes, Real Estate, Life Insurance etc. This part also included the Innovative Instruments/Avenues.
UNIT – II
- Securities: Introduction to International Capital and efficient Market Hypothesis
- Approaches to Investment Analysis: Fundamental, Technical analysis and Modern portfolio Theory.
- Capital Asset Pricing and Arbitrage Pricing Theory.
UNIT – III
- Derivatives: This part is based on the future of market and what kind of options one could get in future.
UNIT – IV
- Portfolio Management Framework.
- Tax aspects of Investments.
- Mutual Funds and their Schemes