MBA – Environmental Management Course
Posted on October 12, 2011 | By test3 | 224 responses
This page and section has details on Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
The objective of designing M.B.A. Environmental Management is to enable students to handle managerial functions where a number of environmental aspects have been overlooked which affects organization in their way to development of the projects.
By acquiring this degree students are equipped with the knowledge of how to implement environmental policies along with achieving sustainable evolvement. Students learn to analyze the interactions that take place between corporate and environment. To analyze the study of ecology as well as business operation is done by the students.
This management program constitutes study of topics such as water quality and concerns related to human and environmental health.
Here are the course details for MBA courses. Top MBA Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of MBA Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria and Duration for Admission to M.B.A. Environmental Management
You must have bachelor’s degree from a reputed university or college. Most of the business graduate schools will ask GMAT test scores for admission in the course. It is a 2 years regular course.
Any business project today first needs to comply with government and environmental norms and thus require framing a proper environmental management policy considering the varying aspects of environment. So, the need for M.B.A. Environmental Management degree holder is on increase so that complying regulations and legal formalities can be handled effectively.
After acquiring M.B.A. Environmental Management degree, you will be eligible to opt for career in private/governmental companies, NGOs, research centers or environmental organizations. You can be appointed as director of business sustainability, occupational health technician and project manager to name few.
Your function will be to analyze risks and advantages of projects, consider factors environment and how to keep them at bay etc.
The main 5 structures on which the Environmental Management course is based on are as follow:
- Wastewater Management
- Air Pollution Management
- Solid Waste & Hazardous Waste Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Laboratory
We can elaborate the course structure into 8 different units of syllabus. One can get complete and deep knowledge of course structure and procedure of course by the help of the following unit subjects:
- Multidisciplinary nature of environmental studies: This unit course includes scope and importance other than the definition for nature of environmental studies. It also tells the need for public awareness.
- Natural Resources: This unit syllabus totally based on the study of natural resources. This includes the use of recourses with their benefits and drawbacks. The different ways to get best output from the recourses. The specification of this unit is as follow:
- Water resources
- Forest resources
- Food resources
- Mineral resources
- Land resources
- Energy resources
- Concept of an ecosystem
- Food chains, food webs and ecological pyramids
- Structure and function of an ecosystem
- Energy flow in the ecosystem
- Producers, consumers and decomposers
- Ecological succession
- Biodiversity and its conservation
- Value of biodiversity: consumptive
- Biogeographically classification of India
- India as a mega-diversity nation
- Biodiversity at global, National and local levels
- Hot-sports of biodiversity
- Endangered and endemic species of India
- Threats to biodiversity
- Conservation of biodiversity
- Environmental Pollution: This unit is based on the effects of pollution we could have on our environment. How we can reduce the bad effects
- Social Issues and the Environment: This part consist the social issues effecting Environment such as urban area problems, rain water harvesting, climate change etc.
- Human Population and the Environment: This unit is based on the evaluation of the population and the available recourses with the requirement of recourses.
- Field work
- Visit to a local area/river/ forest/grassland/hill/mountain
- Study of common plants, insects, birds
- Visit to a local polluted site-Urban/Rural/Industrial/Agricultural
- Study of simple ecosystems-pond, river, hill slopes, etc.