BE – Civil Engineering Course
Posted on October 12, 2011 | By test3 | 70 responses
This page and section has details on Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
The study of civil engineering is not a new subject rather it is among the oldest engineering subjects. The subject comprises planning, designing as well as execution of structural works. The working area of civil engineers include engineering public works i.e. construction, supervision, maintenance of roads, tunnels, buildings, sewage systems, airports and ports etc.
To be a successful civil engineer, one needs to possess high level of engineering knowledge along with administrative and supervisory skills.
The specialized areas in this discipline of engineering include structural, environmental, transportation and water resources etc. it is usually require for a civil engineer to work in coordination with other engineers.
Here are the course details for BE courses. Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to B.E. Civil Engineering
- You must have passed 10+2 examination from a reputed board or equivalent educational board.
- You must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at high school level.
- You must have secured quite good high percentage in high school results.
- You are required to appear for an entrance exam. For admission in IIT, you need to take Junior Entrance Exam (JEE) while other institutes conduct their own independent exam for state or national level however; there are civil engineering institutes too which accept scores of JEE.
Option for Working People/Diploma Holders
If you are working and wish to acquire Bachelor‘s degree in civil engineering, in that case, you need to appear for the Associate Membership Examination of the Institutes of Engineers (AMIE) and you can earn civil engineering degree via distance education.
Other Personal Attributes
- You must be sharp, analytical, practical as well as attentive mind.
- Excellent communication skills are another prerequisite.
- You must be willing to work in team or in coordination of others.
- You must be confident enough to work under pressure and be calm during crisis.
Duration of the Course
Institutes Offering B.E. Civil Engineering
- Bapatala Engineering College (Andhra Pradesh)
- University College of Engineering (Andhra Pradesh)
- SV College of Engineering (Andhra Pradesh)
- KS Reddy College of Engineering (Andhra Pradesh)
- IIT Guwahati (Assam)
- Vinoba Bhave Institute of Technology (Bihar)
- Regional Engineering College (Bihar)
- Indira Gandhi Open University (Delhi)
- IIT Delhi (Delhi)
- Jamia Milia Islamia (Delhi)
- Government Engineering College (Gujarat)
- LD College of Engineering (Gujarat)
- Regional Engineering College (Himachal Pradesh)
- Regional Engineering College (Jammu and Kashmir)
- HKES Engineering College (Karnataka)
- Guru Nanak Engineering College (Karnataka)
- KES College of Engineering (Maharashtra)
As a civil engineer you can get job in government, private and public sector. There always remain the needs of civil engineers for maintaining and repairing of existing structures in addition to constructing new ones.
You can be employed in major projects carried out be the government at state or central level, railway department, private construction projects or defense. You can also provide your consultancy services or can take the job of researching or teaching too.
Pay scale varies depending on the industries you are working with like whether it’s a private or public or government one. However, the initial pay scale for a candidate with B.E. in civil engineering is 15,000 to 20,000. After getting experience , you can earn more as an independent consultant.