This page and section has details on Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
During the last quarter century biotechnology has emerged as one of the most revolutionized and advantageous scientific progress. Biotechnology is an amalgamation of various subjects such as biology, mathematics, physics, chemistry computers and engineering to name few. Not only this, it is an accumulation of a number of combined technologies used for living cells to produce a specific product or to improve the qualities of an existing product as per our need. It encompasses a large areas right from agriculture to technical industries.
The subject of biotechnology includes a number of subjects such as molecular biology, embryology etc. which are further relate to practical subjects such as chemical engineering, IT and robotics.
Here are the course details for BE courses. Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to B.E. Biotechnology
- You must have passed 10+2 in Science stream.
- You must have good academic record.
- You will be required to appear for an entrance exam conducted by institution or college.
Other Required Personal Attributes
- It is mandatory that you owe a scientific aptitude and have a keen desire to pursue biological studies.
- You also must have problem solving skills, IT skills, analyzing skills to have a successful career.
- You are required to be methodical as well as patient and capable to complete your task in a very clean and accurate manner.
- You cannot overlook the importance of computer’s knowledge.
Duration of B.E. Biotechnology Degree Course
3 or 4 years
Institutes Offering B.E. Biotechnology Degree Course
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (New Delhi)
- GGS Indraprastha University (Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Technology (New Delhi)
- Amity Institute of Biotechnology (New Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Technology (Madras)
- Bharti Vidyapeeth (Pune)
- Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur, West Bengal)
- University of Rajasthan (Jaipur)
- Punjab University (Chandigarh)
- Satyabhama Institution of Science & Technology (Tamil Nadu)
- Vellore Institute of Technology (Tamil Nadu)
- Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Institute of Engineering (Lucknow)
- Osmania University (Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh)
- Visverswaraih Technological University (Karnataka)
- University of Kerala (Kerala)
- Gulbarga University (Gulbarga, Andhra Pradesh)
Quite alike to IT industry, biotechnology is also a thriving industry in India and thus, tremendous job opportunities becomes obvious. The country already possesses global market of worth $93 billion and it tends to keep on increase.
As a biotechnologist you will have numerous job opportunities in different sectors. You can join some drug and pharmaceutical research center or public aided lab. In the field of chemicals too; one have good jobs and similarly in environmental control and waste management departments.
In the government sector, you can get job in Department of Biotechnology, and employment opportunities are offered by a number of agriculture and horticulture institutes.
Market division of some industries also requires the services of biotechnologists.
In the government sector initial pay package for fresher is around ` 9,000 per month excluding other allowances while in t he private sector it is `12,000 to ` 20,000 per month.
However, it is noted here that candidates with skill and experience can definitely get pay-package beyond his/her expectations.