BE – Bioinformatics Course
Posted on October 12, 2011 | By test3 | 97 responses
This page and section has details on Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
Recent and huge advances in the field of bio-analytical technology has been noticed which has further resulted into the ability to accumulate immense amounts of biologically important data. Consequently, due to the accumulation of data, more and more emphasize these days is on how these data can be used to evolve new drugs or formulate new diagnostic tools in the most effective manner. It is also used to reach at an improved understanding of biological systems.
Bioinformatics is the right option of higher study for those who have interest in molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, pharmacy, mathematics, engineers, Information Technology engineers or PhDs. The approach of this subject includes specialization from the biological or computer sciences and mathematics.
The subject is fundamentally about conceptualizing molecules as it is in physical chemistry and thereafter, informatics methods which are taken from computer science etc is applied to comprehend as well as organize the information related with these molecules in a explicit form.
Here are the course details for BE courses. Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to B.E. Bioinformatics
- You must have completed 10+2 exam from a recognized board or educational institution with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects.
- You must have good aggregate percentage.
- You will also be required to appear for an entrance exam conducted by the institution or college.
Duration of the Course
Duration of the B.E. Bioinformatics Course is 4 years.
Institutions Offering B.E. bioinformatics Degree
- Apeejay Svran Institute for Biosciences and Clinical Research, (Gurgaon, Haryana)
- Bioinformatics Institute of India (Noida, Uttar Pradesh)
- Biosys Biotech Lab and Research Centre (Chennai, Tamil Nadu)
- C.M.S. College of Science and Commerce (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu)
- Center for Bioinformatics Research Institute, (Chennai, Tamil Nadu)
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya : School of Biotechnology (Indore, Madhya Pradesh)
- Dolphin (P.G.) Institute of Bio-Medical and Natural Science (Dehradun, Uttarakhand)
- Dr. M.G.R. Janaki College of Arts and Science for Women (Chennai, Tamil Nadu)
- Dr. N.G.P. Arts and Science College (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu)
- Holy Matha College of Modern Technology (Ernakulam, Kerala)
- Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (Bangalore, Karnataka)
- Integral University (Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
- International Institute of Information Technology: School of Biotechnology (Pune, Maharashtra)
With the ever constantly increasing usage of Information Technology in the molecular biology sector, the number of job opportunities in the field of bioinformatics has increased tremendously.
You can get job in every sector of biotechnology, hospital and industry, research institutions etc.
Sequence assembly and analysis, designing and maintenance of database, study of structures and functions of protein etc are some of the particular job areas that come under bioinformatics.
You can also grab the job of bio-analytics, informatics develop etc.
Good job opportunities are also present in Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies where the drug discovery process take place and to achieve that purpose bioinformatics technologies are implemented.
You can be a teacher and join some bioinformatics institutes or college.
The initial pay package in the field is low but it increases with the experience. It can be from Rs.12,000 to Rs.20,000 in the private sector while in the government sector it is Rs.9,000 excluding other government allowances.