BE – Architecture Engineering Course
Posted on October 12, 2011 | By test3 | 190 responses
This page and section has details on Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
The science of building is termed as architecture which is the idea of building blocks. It comprises the designing and planning of buildings. No need to mention that architecture is a highly competitive as well as multi-disciplinary profession which is a bunch of different tasks at work. It encompasses different areas like spatial design, aesthetics and material management to name few.
Here are the course details for BE courses. Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to B.E. Architecture
- You must have qualified 10+2 examination from a recognized board or equivalent educational institution.
- You must have secured at least 50% in aggregate in Science subjects where you must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
B.E. Architecture Entrance Exams
You need to qualify All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) entrance exam which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Entrance exam paper comprises Mathematics, an Aptitude Test and A drawing Test.
An online test NATA (the National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture. This test is a drawing test.
A number of unaided and aided Government schools consider the scores of NATA to compare the qualification of the candidate.
For admission in IITs, you will be required to appear for Joint Entrance Exam conducted by IITs at national level.
For admission in private institutes you may also need to take test conducted by respective institutes at state level.
Duration of the Course
Duration of B.E. Architecture course is 5 Years.
Institutes offering B.E. Architecture
- Indian Institute of Technology (Delhi, Mumbai, Guwahati, Kanpur)
- Birla Institute of Technology (Pilani and Ranchi)
- Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi)
- University of Roorkee (Uttar Pradesh)
- Andhra University College of Engineering
- Bihar College of Engineering (Patna)
- Chandigarh College of Architecture (Chandigarh)
- School of Planning and Architecture (New Delhi)
- Goa College of Architecture (Goa)
- MS University of Baroda (Vadodara)
- Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology (Ahmadabad)
- BMS College of Engineering (Bangalore)
- Bangalore Institute of Technology (Bangalore)
- Appa College of Engineering (Gulbarga)
- Manipal Institute of Technology (Manipal)
- RV College of Engineering (Bangalore)
- University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering (Bangalore)
- IPS Academy School of Architecture (Indore)
- Institute of Environmental Planning & Technology (Indore)
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology (Aurangabad)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Architecture (Navi Mumbai)
Since the demand for environmentally sustainable building structure is growing rapidly, career prospects for architecture engineers grow manifold. Moreover, if you consider the worldwide demand for architecture engineers, opportunities are many and diverse.
You can get job in government corporations such as housing boards at state level and public work departments etc. you can also get good job opportunities in industrial projects or can establish your own or offer your service in consultancy firms for architecture.
It is noteworthy that the best option for an architecture engineer is to go for private practice. After gaining some experience you can successfully establish your own firm.
Though the initial salary in the field is not much which is often between Rs.4, 000 to Rs.7, 000 for trainees but with experience it increases to Rs. 10,000 to Rs.20, 000. You get better pay scale in private sector. In case of your own firm the earning is limitless depending on your skills as usually consultant charge is between 4 to 10 percent of total construction cost. Thus, your earning can be anywhere from thousands to lakhs.