BE – Agriculture and Irrigation Engineering
Posted on October 12, 2011 | By test3 | 46 responses
This page and section has details on Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
Agriculture and irrigation engineers make use of their skills and knowledge for the most effective use of biological resources in agriculture and irrigation. Therefore, they are also referred as “biological engineers”. They design agricultural and irrigation machinery, equipments and structures which are used for storing crops. Some engineers have specialization in areas like power systems and designing of machinery. Ways to conserve natural resources such as soil and water are evolved by them. They also constantly work on improving the processing of agricultural products. Fundamentally, the job of agricultural and irrigation involves looking after the automation of agricultural activities so that food productivity increases with the smooth functioning.
The basic degree requires getting entry into the field of agricultural and irrigation engineering is Bachelor Degree.
Here are the course details for BE courses. Top BE Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of BE Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to B.E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
- You must have qualified 10+2 examination from a recognized board or equivalent education institution with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Biology is also a preferred subject at higher secondary level.
- The selection is done on the basis of merit or marks secured at higher secondary level.
- You need to appear for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) conducted by IITs throughout the country or entrance exam conducted by other institutes at national or state level.
Duration of B.E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering Course is 4 years
Institutes Offering B.E. Agriculture and Irrigation Degree
- Birla Institute of Technology (Pilani and Ranchi.)
- Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi)
- University of Roorkee, Roorkee (Uttar Pradesh)
- Jadavpur University (Kolkata)
- Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur)
- Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur)
- IIT (Hauz Khas, New Delhi)
- IIT (Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- IIT (Guwahati)
- College of Agricultural Engineering (Chandigarh)
- The Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering (CIAE) (Madhya Pradesh)
- Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) (Andhra Pradesh)
- Allahabad Agricultural Institute Deemed University (Uttar Pradesh)
- Anand Agricultural University (AAU) (Gujarat)
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishva Vidyalaya (BCKVV) (West Bengal)
- Birsa Agricultural University (BAU) (Jharkhand)
After getting your B.E. degree in Agriculture and Irrigation, you have various options to take up as your career. There is no dearth of job for agricultural engineer specifically when crop production is done at major level in the country.
You can get job in State Department of Agriculture at the designation of agricultural officer where you will be responsible for the evolvement of the agriculture in your zone.
There are a number of private firms that invest in medical and plantation crops and they need the help of agricultural and irrigation engineers for the purpose.
If you are fond of working with NGOs then you can join any NGO in rural areas for the development of agriculture there.
If you are keen to do some research work then you can join IARI (Indian Agriculture Research Institute) as junior fellow researcher and later can reach to the designation of agricultural scientists.
Like most of the professional course teaching job is always available there.
Pay package received by agricultural engineers is among one of the best pay packages.