B.Tech – Mining Engineering
Posted on October 12, 2011 | By test3 | 68 responses
This page and section has details on Top B.Tech Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of B.Tech Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India
Welcome to Hot Courses, Part Time, Short Term, Diploma Courses, Degree, Certificate Courses in India section. There are thousands of short term, part time, full time, certificate, diploma and pg degree courses in India to choose from but it is very difficult to find the right course. In this section one can explore hot courses in India, short term, part time, full time diploma and pg degree courses after 12th, 10+2, graduation, b.com, bba, bds, bca, mba in India selected by our expert counsellors like mba, pgdm courses, animation courses, clinical research courses, training, engineering, design, mass media & film making courses, retail courses, fashion designing, interior designing, photography, jewellery designing courses, hair & beauty, biotechnology, diploma courses, degree courses, certificate courses, graduation, university courses, language, training, management, learning, new courses, photography, graduate, vocational, online courses, distance learning education, professional courses, computer education courses in finance, graduation, management and IT in the top cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Noida, Gurgaon, India. New and different courses in any filed help you keep abreast of other and updated with the latest in that particular industry. Doing a specialized course will also assist you in your job or for better job prospects. Any course you do will definitely add value to you in many ways. Not only one gets to learn many new things from these various courses but also increases the experience and skill sets of an individual.
Mining industry is one of the very important industries around the world. Since it is related to the supply of raw material; its vast base and evolving rate is quite understood.
Mining engineering is a right program for one who is looking for an exciting job. But this job is certainly not for those who prefer desk jobs.
Here are the course details for B.Tech courses. Top B.Tech Courses in India, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of B.Tech Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in India.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech. Mining Engineering
- You should have passed 10+2 with Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics from a recognized school or institution. English is also required by some colleges but it is not mandatory in all cases.
- You should have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate.
Different engineering entrance exams are conducted at state and central level for the admission to Bachelor of Technology in Mining Engineering. One gets admission on the basis of rank of these exams. Some of the most common entrance exams for this purpose are the IIT JEE and AIEEE. The former exam is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology and the latter by the CBSE.
After acquiring the degree, you will find various mining companies that require mining engineers to keep watch over the work being done at the place where minerals are extracted. You also have job opportunity in the civil engineering construction companies where you will supervise the tunneling.
You can choose from private or government sector as both offer good career opportunities. Other respectable designation in this field comprise production manager, mine manager and planner and investment analyst in mining to name few.
- English for Science and technology
- Physics I
- Engineering Material
- Engineering Graphics
- Mathematics I
- Environmental Studies
- Mathematics II
- Computer Programming and Information Technology
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Value Education, HR Environment
- Physics II
- Engineering Mechanics
- Physics II
- Electrical Technology
- Workshop Practice
- Co-Curricular activities
- Development of Mineral Deposits
- Mine Surveying Laboratory
- Matrix Algebra
- Breadth – I
- Mine Surveying
- Engineering & Economic Geology
- Geology Laboratory
- Elements of Rock Mechanics
- Probability and Statistics
- Basic Electronics
- Rock Mechanics
- Underground Coal Mining Methods
- Mine Ventilation
- Mine Machinery
- Underground Metal Mining Methods
- Mining Machinery
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Environment Pollution Control
- Underground Hazards & Rescue
- Economics for Mineral Industry
- Field Trips
- Surface Mining
- Underground Hazards
- Environmental Pollution Control
- Applied Rock Engineering
- Industrial Training
- Project I
- Project II
- Legislation for Mine Management
- Elective III
- Elective IV
List of Elective Subjects for Mining Engineering
- Advanced Methods of Subsurface Mining
- Computer Applications
- Petroleum Engineering
- Global Positioning System
- Bulk Material Handling
- Geodesy & Photogrammetric
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Numerical methods of Subsurface Environment
- Principles of Mine Planning
- Risk & Reliability Engineering
- Resource Evaluation & Geostatistics etc.