Andhra University – Colleges of Engineering
Posted on September 13, 2011 | By test1 | 154 responses
Top Engineering Colleges in Andhra University, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of Engineering Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in Andhra University
In this section we shall provide you with the list of Engineering Colleges details by particular State like Andhra University.
Welcome to List of Engineering Colleges, Top Engineering Colleges & Best Engineering Colleges section in Andhra University, Following is the list of top 10, 20, 50, Engineering colleges, institutes and courses in Andhra University, India offering best Engineering courses. Andhra University has some top and best ranking Engineering colleges and they are very popular names with a very good reputation in the country. These Engineering Colleges in Andhra University are spread across various locations in the city. Admissions to these colleges in Andhra University is done through various central, state & colleges entrance test. This list of Engineering colleges in Andhra University is derived and compiled from various media sources like websites and publications.
We hope you will find the right Engineering colleges to shortlist from to pursue your career and make your dreams come true. You can send in your questions to us to get any further information on colleges any where.
Andhra University College of engineering is one of the Top Engineering Colleges in India, was established in the year 1955, located at Visakhapatnam, India is a self-governing college of Andhra University. At the time of its establishment in 1955 it was a Department of Engineering with Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering as the main branches.
Engineering Colleges in Andhra University, Latest Courses and Colleges, List of Top Ranking, Best Engineering Institutes, Different courses programs of colleges & institutes in Andhra University
It is an institute of higher education in India, established in 1926 and Dr. C.R.Reddy was the founder Vice-Chancellor of the Andhra University. Located on the moorlands of Visakhapatnam, the campus has the Bay of Bengal on one side and the Kailasagiri hill range on the other. Two departments of engineering namely Department of Engineering & Department of Chemical Technology were shifted in the year 1960 and 1962 respectively, to its present campus that is spread over an area of 150 acres of land. Creation of the College of Engineering (Autonomous) came into existence due to a forged predicament of the University colleges in the year 1966.
Objectives – Andhra University College of Engineering:
- Offers 15 undergraduate Engineering day-time programmes
- Offers 4 undergraduate Engineering part-time programmes
- Offers 28 postgraduate Engineering programmes
- Offers 1 MCA and 3 M.Sc. programmes in various departments.
Departments at Andhra University College of Engineering:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Instrument Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ceramic Technology
- Engineering Chemistry
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Bio- Medical Engineering Centre
- Technology Forecasting Centre
Programmes offered by Andhra University College of Engineering
Andhra University College of Engineering Programmes for Undergraduate
Andhra University College of Engineering offers undergraduate programmes in following areas:
- B.E. Civil Engineering
- B.E. Civil Environmental Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Systems Engineering
- B.E. Metallurgical Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical with Marine Engineering
- B.E. Naval Architecture
- B.Tech. Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering with Petroleum Engineering
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering with Bio-Technology
- B.Tech. Geo-Informatics
- B.Tech. Ceramic Technology
- B.Tech. Bio-Technology
- B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation
- B.Tech. Information Technology
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Programmes:
The candidate should have cleared Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 examination of the board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh.
Admission Procedure for Undergraduate programmes:
Admission for the program is done on the basis of the Candidate’s score in the EAMCET, which is a common Entrance Test held by the Government of Andhra Pradesh
Andhra University College of Engineering Programmes for Postgraduate
Andhra University College of Engineering offers Post graduate Programmes in following areas:
- Environmental Engineering and Management
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- Structural Engineering & Natural Disaster Management
- Structural Engineering
- Hydraulic, Coastal & Harbour Engineering
- Machine Design
- Heat Transfer in Energy System
- Industrial Engineering
- Control System
- Power System & Automation
- Marine Engineering & Mechanical Handling
- Computer Science & Technology
- Information Technology
- (CST with specialization in AT & O)
- (CST with specialization in Bio-Informatics)
- (CST with specialization in Computer Networks)
- Chemical Engineering
- Mineral Processing Engineering
- Computer Aided Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Pollution Control Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Industrial Process Instrumentation
- Radar and Microwave Engineering
- Electronics Instrumentation Engineering
Andhra University College of Engineering offers M.Sc./Post graduate programme in following areas:
- Computer Science
- Applied Chemistry
Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
Andhra University College of Engineering Integrated Courses
Andhra University College of Engineering offers integrated programmes in following areas:
- M.S. Software Engineering
- M.S. Information Technology
- M.S. Civil Engineering
- M.S. Applied Chemistry
- Software (in Collaboration with Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
- Signal Processing Engineering (in Collaboration with Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
- Telecommunication Systems (in Collaboration with Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
- B. Engineering (Aircraft Engineering) offered in collaboration with University of Perth, Highlands & Islands, U.K.
Andhra University College of Engineering offers Self-Finance Courses in Engineering:
- M.E. Transport Engineering
- M.E. Water Resources & GIS
- M.E. Construction Technology and Project Management
- M.Tech. Transportation Engineering
- M.E. CAD/ CAM
- M.E. Industrial Engineering
- M.Tech. Computer Science & Technology
- M.Tech. Information Technology
- M.Tech. (CST with specialization in AI & R)
- M.Tech. (CST with specialization in Bio-Informatics)
- M.Tech. (CST with specialization in Computer Networks)
- M.Tech. Nano Technology
- M.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate programmes:
For Post Graduate – The Candidate should have done graduation in B.E./B.Tech from Andhra University or its equivalent.
For M.Sc. – The candidate should have done B. Sc from Andhra University or its equivalent.
For MCA – The candidate should have cleared the qualifying examination (10+2+3) or equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 level.
Admission procedure for Postgraduate programmes:
For Post Graduate – The selection is done on the basis of candidate’s GATE score which is based on the All India Ranking or AUCET’S ranking organized by the Andhra University.
For M.Sc. – The candidates are selected through entrance test.
For MCA– The admission is done of the basis of Entrance test held by the Andhra University.
Eligibility for Integrate programmes:
The candidate should be Graduate with good marks in the relevant stream.
Admission procedure for Integrate programmes:
The admission is based on the entrance test which is set up by the Andhra University.
College of Engineering Andhra University
Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh
Phone n o.: 91-891-284 4771
This page and section has details on Top Engineering Colleges in Andhra University, List of Best Ranking and latest courses of Engineering Institutes, Different Courses and Programs in Andhra University